Sunday, June 15, 2008

In community, in communion, in common....


the path we are given. would that one could pick a different one. aren't we inclined to think that we "choose"?

funny, especially first thing in the morning, how many angles go through my head, things i need to write *first*.

actually, *first* today i say to megan, that excepting you, i carry this with me the most i expect. Jeremy may be in league with me but I even still can feel myself pregnant with Megan. Amazingly the feeling I had in my head about being a new mom flood into my thinking without invitation. Not yogic enough to "notice" and let it go. But, how does that help really to think all the time about your current place? It only will help if any of my earned wisdom can express itself and be translatable as it is also *my* current place.

Wisdom seems a little cocky. Traveling it all to age 57 earns you something though. I'm calling it wisdom.

I have two copies of "My Grandfathers' Blessings" here to put in the mail to you and Jeremy. I'm deferring to Rachel Remen for words as one tack. I am re-reading this as a balm myself as well. In essence I am reminded how many other people also carry deep sorrow each day, how many others look constantly for understanding and strength. Her anecdotes in themselves are worth your time, but I have found her conclusions, the sentence or two summing up are sometimes profound to me. She has helped me feel in a silent community. There are many others putting one foot in front of the other, leaning on routine, making small talk, who also are on paths not chosen.

There are always places we all feel alone, likely to trip, walking somewhere unknown.
But each of us does our best to keep walking....
l,
k



No comments: