Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Scotch Sound Recording Tape

Can't put these old recorded recital tapes in the garbage without noting it somewhere.   This place is the cyber version of the pile of logs, blank books, file boxes etc. that fill a different shelf.  I write.  I mark passages, I like to remember.  Stuff gets talked about before disappears.   (Actually all stuff gets talked about visible and invisible, tangible and intangible.  good grief.)

I'll never listen to the tape of my junior piano recital at St. Olaf.

Nope, check signals.   one of the tapes is something i sent to a competition when i was in jr. high.  good grief.  Arensky, Suite in Canon Form for Two Pianos (I suppose Mary Larson is playing with me), Grieg, Sailor's Song, some Mozart Viennese Sonatina mov'ts.   Guess I can't get rid of these.....

For the record the other tapes are an audition tape for grad school which i couldn't bare to listen to now. My senior recital at St. Olaf and a St. Olaf choir concert.  Reel to reel tapes????  They are just a form of history now.  They are likely completely quieted.

I miss this spot.
k


No comments: