Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ceremonials of Common Days

by Abbie Graham.   I finally just bought a copy of this beautiful book.   I hope to remember it as my companion through my Season of Honor and each coming season.

I want to remember this october ceremonial day though, or ceremonial anyway.   The days of the geese passing through the shire.   Maybe after the geese pass through there is a marking in someway.   I have to think about it.   I love the idea that the "holiday" is fluid depending upon an event and not a date of any kind.

just how could i mark this late autumn time?   i'm looking at the ferocious goose picture from the Reichsmuseum in Amsterdam.   she represents sheltering, guarding, protecting, rising up to take care.  hmmm.
 the geese have a difference significance.   what?

No comments: